It defines a loyal customer as having the following characteristics:
- A loyal customer will buy what you’re currently selling, and whatever else you come up with.
- A loyal customer feels more like a partner than a transactional buyer.
- Loyal customers stick with you, even in a period of crisis.
- Loyal customers are immune to the pull of competition.
- A loyal customer has a switching cost.
- A loyal customer will go out of their way to passionately recommend you to others.
Worth reading the entry in its entirely for the details.
So the question is: What are you doing to make your customers loyal?